RSS

Hello & Goodbye





In the early days of being married and setting up our first home, I think I did make a few hurried and maybe rash decisions when it came to buying furniture. I think it was because I wanted to have a beautiful house as quickly as I could. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad that I started to collect beautiful antique furniture from such a young age but I do look back now and ask myself, why was I in such a hurry.  That seems to be the way I’ve always run my life. I’ve always been in such a hurry to get everything achieved.

These days when it comes to buying furniture for home, I find myself slowing right down to almost a halt. I haven’t really done much with our new house because, to be completely honest, I just can’t get my head around it with everything else which is going on in my life right now. I seem to be way too busy trying to keep the shop decorated and looking beautiful instead of our own home.

These days it’s all about trying to find that perfect piece for the front window display or the perfect antique cabinet or table to fit in a certain spot in the store. I find that I don’t make rash decisions these days about pieces of furniture. Instead I sit and wait patiently for the perfect piece to come along.

One such piece is the beautiful antique French bookcase which arrived in the store last Friday. I have been looking for this piece for about 8-10 months. I wanted an antique cabinet which had glass doors so that I could display things inside of it, timber shelves because I don’t like glass shelves at all, lovely carving, a straight top so that I could put things on top of it, the right size to fit on a particular wall in the shop and also be in good condition. It needed to tick all of those boxes and also be a good price.

I was so thrilled when I found this particular cabinet as it actually reminded me of one my mother has at her house. When it arrived on Friday I immediately went to work filling it with all of the new blue and white jars we had also just received into the store.  I was like a child on Christmas morning. 

I thought my beautiful bookcase would be in the shop for a while so that I could enjoy it. But Saturday morning I was advised that the bookcase was no longer mine. It had sold. I’m so thrilled it is going to a good home but now it's back to the drawing board. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Environment Powered by Mysiterank
Preview on Feedage: lily-putts Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Feedage Grade A rated Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory Subscribe My Feed