RSS

TIMI YURO "The Voice That Got Away"

This was released following the success of The lost voice of soul, a 26 track compilation of Timi's finest recordings which I've also reviewed. Despite only being remembered for one hit, Timi recorded a lot of quality music, as this CD shows. There are no big hits here, since they were all included on the first CD and there is no duplication. There are a few obscure A and B sides plus a selection of album tracks......If you are familiar with Timi's music, you will know what to expect. If not, you should start with the other CD or, better still, buy both together.
There are original songs here, but there are also great covers of It's just a matter of time (Brook Benton), I'll never fall in love again (Tom Jones), When something is wrong with my baby (Sam and Dave), Hallelujah I love him so (Ray Charles), I apologise (originally recorded by Bing Crosby in 1931 and revived by Billy Eckstine in 1951, but a sixties hit for P J Proby) - Timi's version was the B-side of Hurt so pre-dates P J Proby, All my love belongs to you (Little Willie John), If you gotta make a fool of somebody (an American hit for James Ray and a British hit for Freddie and the Dreamers) and I waited too long (LaVern Baker). There are only two country songs here, these being I just got back from there (Billy Walker) and When you were mine (Justin Tubb).
This is yet another brilliant Timi compilation from the good people at RPM. Unless some company releases a box set or a series of twofers, the 52 tracks on these two British compilations will remain the most comprehensive study of Timi's music on CD. (Amazon)trax:
01 Interlude (Time) 02 It's Just A Matter Of Time 03 I'll Never Fall In Love Again 04 When Something Is Wrong With My Baby 05 Nothing Takes The Place Of You 06 Hey Boy 07 Hallelujah I Love Him So 08 I Must Have Been Out Of My Mind 09 When He Wants A Woman 10 Loving You Is All I Ever Had 11 I Just Got Back From There 12 So Ashamed 13 I Apologize 14 All My Love Belongs To You 15 Put Them Aside 16 The Wall 17 If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody 18 Thirteenth Hour 19 Wrong 20 When You Were Mine 21 Guess Who 22 It's Too Soon To Know 23 She Really Loves You 24 I Waiting Too Long 25 If I Never Got To Love You 26 Interlude (Time) Movie Soundtrack Version
...served by Gyro1966...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Environment Powered by Mysiterank
Preview on Feedage: lily-putts Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Feedage Grade A rated Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory Subscribe My Feed